Mental Health Related News
Here you can find any updates and news related to St Kilda Counselling Clinic and Mental Health in general.
Back to Halaxy
Well that was quite the learning experience! We’ve moved back to Halaxy for bookings and payment after trying out a new platform called Splose. We were quite excited for the new platform which had many great features but ultimately it had some key features missing which we use every day, resulting in a lot of additional manual admin. So we’ve moved back to Halaxy and everything will be as it was. We apologise for any inconvenience this caused. For those of you who noticed the change there really isn’t anything you need to do, you will just receive updates and…
Is Telehealth just as effective as Face to Face Counselling?
Yes! Research Results suggest telehealth as a viable care alternative with no significant differences between in-person and telehealth groups.
ADHD and ASD Related News
- Study: Prenatal Exposure to ADHD Medication Does Not Impact Neurodevelopment
- Q: “Will ADHD Medication Worsen My Child’s Other Condition(s)?”
- “ADHD Superpowers:” Toxic Positivity vs. Celebration of Strengths
- Study: Shared Decision-Making Influences ADHD Treatment for Black Children
- Q: “How Do Doctors Decide Which ADHD Medication to Prescribe First?”
- Q: “My Teen Doesn’t Know How to Study!”
Trauma Support News
- Moral Stress Amongst Healthcare Workers During COVID-19: A Guide to Moral Injury
- Australian PTSD Guidelines video
- Better Outcomes for regional and rural Victorians impacted by PTSD – Webinar Slides
- Better Outcomes – Webinar Slides
- Better Outcomes for regional and rural Victorians impacted by PTSD – Webinar Recording
- Treating posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD): A patient guide to psychological treatments – Arabic
ABC News on Mental Health
- First batch of clinical-grade 'magic mushrooms' about to be grown and tested on patients
- Leigh Sales on her new TV gig, why she worries about news coverage, and the death of her 'dear mate' at 7.30
- Charlotte had a 'terrifying' experience in a Sydney hospital — and she's not the only one
- Could cats be better emotional support animals than dogs? These Australians say yes
- 'We're not villains': Azarenka sympathises with Djokovic after revealing 10-year anxiety struggle
- How to look after your mental health over the Christmas and New Year holidays
Jessica is a Psychotherapist and Counsellor with over 10 years’ experience working in a broad range of settings. Jessica is fueled by a passion to develop unique ways of understanding how we think, what we feel and why we behave as we do. I work with children, adolescents and adults.
- Mindfulness better than CBT for treating depression, study finds. Authors say supported mindfulness-based cognitive therapy also cheaper than treatment NHS usually offers
- Analyzing Anti-Woke Research with Dr. Beth Livingston [A Bit More Complicated podcast]
- Pro-female and anti-male biases are more influential than race and other factors in Implicit Association Tests